Monday, October 20, 2008

Yesterday my family and I returned home from our trip back to my other home in Burlington. This time Kirk was able to come with us, and that always makes it better. Originally the plan was for us to go home at Christmas this year, but my mom suggested we come home at Thanks giving instead so we could all go up north to the cottage together. I am so glad we did because I LOVE being home in the fall, it's my idea of paradise!

While we were there we were able to enjoy things like hot apple cider, canoeing around the lake, lots of picture taking, camp fires, playing euchre, horseshoes, badminton and nature walks.

These are some of the awesome pictures Saren took.












Kirk, Dave and Tanner





Mom playing with Talon in the water in October!


Kirk getting Talon ready for a ride in the Canoe


Sisters!


Kirk was sick of having his picture taken

I wasnt...


Cute!


Tommy's popeye impression :)























Mom and dad being cute

Everyone was amazing with my kids too, I always had someone there to help me, and I can't describe how much that meant to me. My mom and dad are so good at knowing when I need help so they would dress the boys in the morning, take talon for walks when they noticed he needed something to do, feed him when he was hungry and we all know how picky he can be but they would just laugh at him when Kirk and I would be pulling our hair out! Farrah and Dave were so good and taking Talon for walks too and teaching him things like, what moss was and pine cones, acorns and bark :)
I love being around my family!


After the long weekend at the cottage we spent the rest of the week at my parents house, and just enjoyed being together. I turned 28 that week and dyed my hair brown so now not only am I old I look old too! I like it though, it a fun change.


I look 35 here

I also went shopping in Buffalo with Farrah, Saren and Kirk. So my mom stepped in again and watched Talon the entire day even though she wasn't feeling well. (I didn't find that out until we got home)

Kirk discovered the show Heros one morning because Neal has the 1st and 2nd season on DVD so he felt the need to try and watch the entire 1st season in one day! He literally watched it for 15 hours straight. Unfortunately for him there was something like 22 episodes so he didn't complete them until the next day and then went straight on to watch the 2nd season after that.
I was happy to not have to keep him entertained though.

Then last Saturday Saren, Tanner, Kirk and I went to Canadas Wonderland to ride the roller coasters. I know I'm getting old because I started to feel sick almost right away. We had alot of fun, but I'm good to not go back for a while.
I just love this picture

goofing off while waiting line line for the ride


just being weird I guess

As for when I'll be returning home again, I'm not sure :(
I know it's going to be next year sometime (hopefully a wedding and a baby) but we will just have to see. I always feel better when I know when the next time will be, it makes it easier somehow.
I want my family to know just how much I love them and miss them, thanks for everything and I can't wait to see you again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your brown hair! I'm glad you had a good time with your family, and am jealous you went to Canada's Wonderland. I was only 11 when we moved away, but in my memories it's better than Disneyland.

The Pratts said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Your pictures are really cute. Happy birhtday and LOVE your new hair!

Over The Moon X 5. said...

So nice to hear of all the wonderful things that you got to do with your family! IT does sound like a piece of paradise doesn't it!! Nice to see so many happy smiling pictures of you!! And you don't look 35 in your pictures just like a Hot Momma!

Farrah said...

Okay, bawling my eyes out right now. So this is either hormones or me being my usual sentimental self but I always feel better knowing when the next time is that you are coming home too! It was great to spend time with you and the boys and it's great that Talon knows who I am. I was always so scared that I'd be some stranger to him. That feels nice. Miss you and love you!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

The pics look gorgeous! I can see why you love it. I love all the sweet pics of you and Kirk. It seems like as we have more and more kids we take less pics with each other.

Colleen and Dave said...

We loved having all of you home. It went by way too fast. I keep thinking of Talon turning and waving to me in the doors of the airport. Now I'm gonna cry.
Mom